Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sleep - 2/21/1992 - Berkeley, CA



1 Introduction
2 Stillborn
3 Inside The Sun
4 Hot Lava Man
5 Numb
6 The Suffering
7 Evil Gypsy/Solomon's Theme
8 Wall Of Yawn
9 Nain's Baptism Intro
10 Nain's Baptism
11 The Druid
12 Behind The Wall Of Sleep
13 Basically
14 N.I.B.

This is a stellar show and one that I have listened too quite a few times. Hot Lava Man is a crushing track and I've always wondered why it never made it onto an album! The cover of N.I.B. is truncated, about a minute and a half long and pretty cool.

The show consists of mostly older material, lots of Volume 1 tracks. I'm a fan of the earlier material and they definitely play it with a lot of bite here, a bit more punch than what made it onto record for the Volume 1 . It also ends with Al saying to remember to smoke fucking pot.

Which reminds me of the story that when Sleep was recording Dopesmoker, they were smoking two ounces of weed a day. 2. Ounces. A. Day. Holy crap. Talk about commitment. I know that in Such Hawks, Such Hounds, Matt admits to spending a ton of the cash from London Records of weed, and with that amount being smoked daily, I could believe they tore through that advance as quick as they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment