Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sleep - 5/09/2009 - ATP, Butlins Resort, Minehead, UK



1 Intro
2 Holy Mountain
3 Dragonaut
4 Evil Gypsy/Solomon's Theme
5 Aquarian
6 Pike Solo/Some Grass
7 Interlude
8 Cultivator
9 The Druid
10 Nain's Baptism
11 Dopesmoker (Proceeds The Weedian)
12 From Beyond

This show is the first time Sleep played live since they broke up in the 1990's and people must have been out of their minds! The show itself is excellent and all their best stuff is here. Cultivator is actually the later part of Dopesmoker from the mellow solo on - which is pretty cool they busted it out here.

Pike's solo is done on an acoustic and there's footage of it on Youtube. The later Dopesmoker excerpt is excellent and the vocals are super clear - as they are for the rest of this audio bootleg. In fact, the sound is amazing on this boot - sounds like a sound board recording!

This show, along with the 5/10/2009 show would be the last with Chris Haikus - its too bad too because he's an absolutely stellar drummer. I really hope he returns with Sleep if and when they decide to tour in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, how does your blog work? I want to download this and other bootlegs but I don't see any links. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man - yeah, no direct links here. Here's the way it works:

    Trade stipulations
    If you see something on my list you would like and have something to trade I do not already have, please comment on that post with your email address (which I will not publish) and I will get back to you with info!
    Sleep/High On Fire/Budgie boots welcome!

    I'm more than happy to take a look at other bootlegs, but in the tradition of tape trading, this is a trade site. It is alos meant to be somewhat of an archive of all the material I can find about Sleep for people looking to get info on what's out there. Kind of like a checklist of sorts for collectors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo what if we don't have any bootlegs you are missing? Or maybe none at all :P

      Delete
  3. If you have a list of bootlkegs you have for trade, you can email it to me at devilscoot at yahoo - but I'm assuming you mean you don't have anything for trade? Best thing to do is get some! :) I'm not doing anything for cash, and I'm trying to keep it simple - show for show, even trades. Get involved - sign up for dimeadozen.org, download a few things. I do know there are a few things missing from my list.

    ReplyDelete