Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sleep - Live in Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle 1/23/1994 (video)




1 From Beyond
2 Dopesmoker (early version)
3 The Druid

This is a stellar show. I believe it came at the end of the 1994 Hawkwind tour and by this time, they were previewing Dopesmoker, albeit in a very different form. Some of the structure is there, and so are the lyrics, but the chord placement is almost all different.

The quality is a 10/10 - especially for the age of the original video. It feels like you are looking through the viewfinder. The audio is very good too and I plan on making an audio bootleg of this show.

It cracks me up that both Al and Matt are finishing joints at the start of the video, just chilling on stage, not a care in the world.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need to do if find something I don't already have listed and offer up a trade - if you have a bootleg list, shoot me your email and I'll take a look.

    ReplyDelete